DMZ Gateway – Different by Design
DMZ Gateway is a multi-platform solution that works in conjunction with EFT Server to create a multi-layered security solution for data storage and retrieval, authentication and firewall transversal. Using a two-way connection originating from the back-end (internal) EFT Server, the DMZ Gateway acts as a communication proxy to process requests that replaces inherently insecure inbound connections from the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) to your network.
You don’t need to choose between top security and being efficient. With DMZ Gateway, you can finally have both!
- Facilitates compliance with mandates such as PCI DSS requirement §1.3.4 that forbid storage of sensitive data in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).
- Eliminates the need for compensating methods of securing data in the DMZ, such as file encryption, store-and-forward systems or polling for changes.
- Eliminates the need for a file transfer system in the DMZ or for exposing any part of your network to the DMZ, such as AD services for user authentication or SQL services for auditing.
- Single outbound connection means greatly reduced overhead as compared to traditional proxy and firewall configuration.
- Save time and reduce points of failure over traditional store-and-forward or polling for changes. Data is made available to back-end systems in real-time.
For further information on EFT Server and DMZ, contact QBS or alternatively join us for the Data in Motion seminar to see the solution in action.